The Mennekes Type 2 36247 is a high performance charging cable Cable for connecting car and charging station. Consisting of both male and female type 2 connectors this 32 amp, 3 phase cable is one of the best on the market and popular with many EV owners.
Compatible with a large range of vehicles with type 2 AC charging ports or CCS ports
Mennekes Type 2 36247 Features
- Highest quality Mennekes cable for use with home and public charging points.
- Universal compatibility with any vehicle with a Type 2 socket.
- 32A three phase power, providing charging up to 22 kW (where the vehicle can charge this fast).
- 7.5 metres in length for added versatility.
- Fully weatherproof for outdoor and indoor use.
- 32 Amp
- 3 Phase
- 7.5 Meters
- Type 2
- 1 Year Warranty
- Same Day Shipping (Mon-Fri Pre 12pm orders).
Supplied boxed, with booklet and plastic carrier bag.
Here are just a few Type 2 equipped electric vehicles this cable is compatible with.
- Audi – All plug in vehicles
- BMW – All plug in vehicles (BMW i, BMW 330e, BMW 530e…)
- Hyundai Ioniq
- Kia Optima PHEV
- Kia Niro PHEV
- Mercedes – All plug in vehicles (B 250 e, C 350 e, E 350 e..)
- MINI – All plug in vehicles
- Nissan LEAF (after 2018)
- Porsche – All plug in vehicles
- Renault Zoe
- Tesla Model S
- Tesla Model X
- Tesla Model 3
- Volkswagen – All plug in vehicles
- Volvo – All plug in vehicles
- Can I use a Mennekes Type 2 three phase cable on my single phase charger or car.
- Yes, Consider the 3 phase cable an investment in the future of Electric car technology. If you look after your Mennekes cable you may use it with your next electric car too. Single Phase connections are very common in residential areas and these connections are typically used for all home-based charging. Single Phase connections are typically used for standard, or “slow” charging with a 16amp supply, although fast charging is supported with a 32amp supply.
- What is the difference between a 16 and 32 amp type 2 charging Cable.
- 16amp supplies are most commonly used with home charging solutions. 16amp can support a maximum charging speed of 11kW in Three Phase mode and 3.7kW in Single Phase mode. Most early models can only support 16amp charging in Single Phase mode as this is the maximum supported by the onboard charger.
- 32amp supplies are more common with newer EV models and charge points found in public destinations and they can support fast charging in Single Phase mode. 32amp can support a maximum charging speed of 22kW in Three Phase mode and 7.4kW in Single Phase mode. 32amp cables are generally considered as “future proofed” and are backwards compatible with cars/charge points that only support 16amp charging – the cable will just max out at 16amp.
There is also a shorter 4m version available here